Power Line - hints
Click on the hints below to reveal them:
- You need to put the batteries into the sockets in the right configuration.
- Can you see a way to connect each battery to the next?
- Those words on the batteries are the key to where they go.
- Don't forget the basic rule for connecting batteries in series: plus goes with minus!
- In other words: opposites go together!
- You'll need to rotate 3 of the batteries to make them fit.
- Once all the batteries are in the right places, you should see something emerge.
- You now have a number, which has a + at the start. Look familiar?
- Try calling it! (Replace the + with 00. The number has a UK area code. Feel free to check the number in the answer checker, if you like.)
- If you've called the right number, you'll get the final piece of the puzzle.
- Note that two of the words on the batteries were left unmatched!
The two of them, together with the song you'll hear when calling the number, will give you the answer.
- The music is a famous waltz composed by Johann Strauss II.
- It's used in the soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey!
- It's called "An der schönen blauen Donau" in German.
Back to the Puzzles page